A POLICEMEN'S PRAYER

14:55 / Diutarakan oleh Unknown /

1. Teach me sixty minutes make an hour, sixteen ounces a pound and one hundred cents a dollar.

2. Help me so to live that I can lie down at night with a clear conscience without a gun under my pillow and unhaunted by the faces of those to whom I have brought pain.

3. Grant that I may earn my meal ticket on the square and in earning it I may do unto others as I would have others do unto me.

4. Deafen me to the jingle of tained money and to the rustle of unholy skirts.

5. Blind me to the faults of other fellow, but reveal to me my own.

6. Guide me so that each night when I look across the dinner table at my wife, who has been a blessing to me, I shall have nothing to conceal.

7. Keep me young enough to laugh with little children and sympathetic enough to be considerate of old age.

8. And when comes the day of darkening shades and smell of flowers, the tread of soft footsteps and the ceremony short and the epitaph simple..

*Petikan ini diambil dari balai polis berdekatan tempat aku. Memang mencabar, tapi inilah realiti kehidupan. Setiap kerja memang ada cabarannya..

1 pemikiran bernas dari masyarakat:

Comment by Sakti Arjuna on August 4, 2010 at 10:11 PM

aku hafal sportsman prayer je..

Post a Comment